Kitchen tile floor: the advantages and disadvantages
Tile is one of the most popular materials for finishing the walls and the floor of the bathroom as well as the kitchen. However, it is not easy to choose the ideal option in all this diversity: the more choices appear on the market, the harder it is to get something right.
We have already told you about the things worth paying attention when buying:
- size and dimensions of the room, so that in case of need it is possible to visually expand a room or make it look longer;
- kitchen d?cor style; otherwise it is likely that you will pick up a tile that simply does not fit into it;
- the size of the modules – with their help, you can also visually edit the size of the room;
- texture of the tiles. As a rule, the tile that works best for the floor is rough and without any gloss.
However, before you go shopping, you need to decide if you really want tile as a material for finishing the floor. The tile has advantages and disadvantages that you should be aware of.
Benefits of floor tile
Tile is not just considered to be the ideal finishing material. It has a lot of advantages. Among them there are the following:
- Durability. If you properly care of the tile, it can serve you for fifty years, and it will look exactly the same as at the day of purchase;
- Humidity resistance. Tiles are not afraid of flooding;
- Fire resistance. Sudden changes in temperature do not affect the tile;
- It is easy to install, so you’ll be able to replace the damaged modules if necessary;
- Tiles can be put as you want: uneven or in several rows, or creating a pattern of the modules;
- Tiles are eco-friendly;
- Due to the variety of choice in specialty stores, you can easily find the option that you will like.
Disadvantages of the tile
Despite the fact that at first glance the tile seems to be an excellent option for the kitchen floor, it has several significant drawbacks. First of all, it is cold, and if you like walking barefoot on the floor, install floor heating system.
You also need to know that the tile has poor noise insulation, so before you install it, it is necessary to put a layer or two of the insulating material, so that later you do not have such problem.